- Year 1880
- 01-07-1880 until 14-07-1880.
- Originally the walk was planned with: Gustav Mahler (1860-1911), Heinrich Krzyzanowski (1855-1933), Rudolf Krzyzanowski (1859-1911), Anton Krisper (1858-1914).
- Finally undertaken by: Gustav Mahler (1860-1911) and Heinrich Krzyzanowski (1855-1933) (who married Auguste Tschuppik shortly before departure).
- Route: Cheb - Fichtel Mountains - City of Wundsiedel - City of Bayreuth.
- City of Wundsiedel is 35 km from City of Cheb.
The Fichtel Mountains (German: Fichtelgebirge, Czech: Smr?iny), form a small horseshoe-shaped mountain range in northeastern Bavaria, Germany. They extend from the valley of the Red Main River to the Czech border, a few foothills spilling over into the Czech Republic. They continue in a northeasterly direction as the Ore Mountains, and in a southeasterly direction as the Bohemian Forest. The Fichtel Mountains contain an important nature park, the Fichtel Mountain Nature Park, with an area of 1,020 square kilometres (390 sq mi).