City of Santa Margherita
- Also Santa Margherita Ligure
- Near Genoa.
- Year 1920.
- Alma Mahler (1879-1964).
- Anna Justine Mahler (Gucki) (1904-1988).
- Paul Zsolnay (1895-1961).
- Maria Eberstaller-Moll (1899-1945).
Santa Margherita Ligure is a comune (municipality) in the Metropolitan City of Genoa in the Italian region Liguria, located about 35 kilometres (22 mi) southeast of Genoa, in the Tigullio traditional area. Santa Margherita Ligure borders the following municipalities: Camogli, Portofino, Rapallo.
It has a port, used for both tourism and fishing activities. Part of comune territory is included in the Regional Natural Park of Portofino.
In 1813, under the Napoleonic domination, the two burghs of Pescino and Corte were unified as Porto Napoleone. Two years later it was annexed to the Kingdom of Sardinia as the commune of Santa Margherita Ligure. In 1861 it became part of the newly unified Kingdom of Italy.
Connected by rail in the 20th century, Santa Margherita became a renowned tourist resort after World War II.