Saturday, September 18th, 2021
- Alexander Gerdanovits
- Johannes Brummer
- Dr. Felicitas Thun-Hohenstein
This time we kick off the Spotlight with a brand new season of webcasts.
We will be streaming live from inside Mahler’s composing hut in Maiernigg on Lake Wörthersee in Carinthia, Austria, where the composer wrote an astonishing five symphonies and a dozen songs in the space of only six summers.
- We will meet Alexander Gerdanovits, who heads the Department of Culture of the City of Klagenfurt, the caretakers of the hut and its exhibition.
- Johannes Brummer, Vice-Rector of the Gustav Mahler Private University for Music, will tell us about his institution and its contribution to Mahler and music in the region.
- Our main guest will be Felicitas Thun-Hohenstein, owner of the composing hut, author, curator, and professor at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna.
- Dr. Thun-Hohenstein will present the main goals of the newly founded Mahler Forum for Music and Society, point out the highlights of this year’s events, and reveal some of what awaits us at the Mahler Forum in July 2022.
As an encore, we also have a Mahler manuscript to show you!
Please join us for an inside look at this very special place.
Hosted by Morten Solvik