Josef Freiherr von Bezecny (1829-1904)
- Profession: Intendant, Royal Court Councilor.
- Residences: Vienna.
- Relation to Mahler:
- Correspondence with Mahler:
- Born: 05-02-1829, Tabor, Czech Republic.
- Died: 17-06-1904, Vienna, Austria.
- Buried: Hietzing cemetery, Vienna, Austria. Grave 04-80.
After studying at the University of Vienna (Dr. jur.) he went in 1858 to the Exchange Chamber and in 1870 to the Ministry. He was Governor of Bodenkreditanstalt from 1878 to 1904. This brought them into close relationship with the government. Bezeny was a member of the Manor (1870-1904), Private Council (1870), Director of the Court Theater (1885-1898), President of the Vienna Polyclinic and President of the Society of Friends of Music. Bezecny played a prominent role in the artistic and musical circles in Vienna.
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 2405