Hermann Theodor Gradener (1844-1929)
- Profession: Composer, conductor, violinist, pedagogue.
- Relation to Mahler:
- Correspondence with Mahler:
- Born: 08-05-1844 Kiel, German
- Died: 18-09-1929 Vienna, Austria. Aged 85.
- Buried: 00-00-0000 Central cemetery. Grave 47F-12-7.
Also: Graedener, Hermann Theodor Otto Grädener.
First received training by his father Karl Georg Graedener (1812-1883), then at the Conservatory of Vienna by Joseph Hellmesberger Sr. (1828-1893). In 1862 he became an organist in Gumpendorf and in 1864 a violinist in the Hofopernorchester. 1873 harmony teacher at the Horak piano school, 1877 at the Conservatoire of the Gesellschaft der Musikfreunde, 1899 lecturer for harmony, morphology and counterpoint at the University of Vienna; 1892-1896 conductor of the Viennese Singakademie. He conducted large concerts during the Music and Theater Exhibition in 1892.
Mentioned by Natalie Bauer-Lechner (1858-1921).
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 160