1899 Opera Vienna 10-03-1899
- Chronology: Year 1899
- Location: Vienna State Opera (Hofoper, Wiener Staatsoper)
- Program: Haydn, Apother and Opernprobe
- Conductor: Gustav Mahler (1860-1911)
- Orchestra: Vienna State Opera Orchestra
- Stage design:
- Notes: Gustav Mahler accompanied the recitatives himself on the piano and replaced the lost Overture of Der Apotheker (Haydn) with the London Symphony (No. 104) (Haydn). Vienna State Opera repertoire Gustav Mahler
Rehearsals for Mahler performances: Siegfried Wagner, Der Bärenhäuter (Piano rehearsal)
The 207th evening of the season.
Joseph Haydn, Symphony in D Major Hob. I/104 (Concert performance) (for the 6th time this season).
Joseph Haydn, The Apothecary (for the 5th time this season).
Albert Lortzing, The Opera Rehearsal (for the 6th time this season).
Franz Skofitz, Pan (Ballet) (for the 1st time this season). Conductor: Joseph Hellmesberger Jr.
Pertinent newspaper articles from the following sources are in the archives:
Illustriertes Wiener Extrablatt, March 11, 1899 (Wien).
Deutsche Zeitung, March 11, 1899 (Wien).
Neue Freie Presse, March 11, 1899 (Wien).
Neues Wiener Journal, March 11, 1899 (Wien).
Fremden-Blatt, March 11, 1899 (Wien).
- Hits: 905