It was built by the Cologne architect Franz Karl Damian Disch (1821-1880 in Cologne) in October 1848. The hotel is located on the outskirts of Cologne. The Cologne address book of 1846 titled Disch as a restaurant owner. With its Rococo Hall, suitable for chamber music, the Prunkbau was one of the most internationally renowned hotels in Cologne, because in its category there was only the Dom-Hotel.

After the death of his owner, the hotel was auctioned in May 1881 by the restorer Joseph Christoph from Frankfurt / Main. On February 8, 1890, he founded the operating company “Disch Hotel- und Verkehrs-AG”, where Peter Werhahn was a member of the supervisory board. A first reconstruction took place in 1890 by the famous architect team Heinrich Joseph Kayser and Karl von Großheim. A new reconstruction of the hotel took place in 1912.

1904 Hotel Disch.

1912. 1904 Hotel Disch.

1912. 1904 Hotel Disch.

Error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: