Alexander Haydter (1872-1919)
- Profession: Bass, baritone.
- Relation to Mahler: Worked with Gustav Mahler (1860-1911) in the Vienna State Opera
- Correspondence with Mahler:
- Born: 13-10-1872 Vienna, Austria
- Married Hermine Kittel (1879-1948).
- Died: 13-02-1919 Vienna, Austria
- Buried: 00-00-0000
- 1905 Opera Vienna 22-01-1905
- 1905 Opera Vienna 23-01-1905
- 1905 Opera Vienna 25-01-1905
- 1905 Opera Vienna 28-01-1905
The trained leather goods merchant Haydter studied singing with Gänsbacher and Geiringer in his hometown Vienna. Studied at the Conservatory of Vienna. In 1896 he made a brilliant debut in Zurich as "St. Bris" in Meyerbeer's "Huguenots". After several years at the Prague Koniglich Deutsches Landestheater, he was appointed 01-09-1905 by Gustav Mahler to the Vienna State Opera in 1905, of which he remained a member until his death.
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 192