Jenny Pohlner (1863-1952)
22-05-1900. Jenny Pohlner (1863-1952).
- Profession: Soprano, singing teacher
- Relation to Mahler: Worked with Gustav Mahler (1860-1911) in the Vienna State Opera
- Correspondence with Mahler:
- Born: 22-12-1863 Brno, Czech republic.
- Died: 22-12-1952 Vienna, Austria.
- Buried: 00-00-0000 Dobling cemetery, Vienna, Austria
Married Grosz-Pohlner (gross)
First appearances as a child, then studied singing in Brno, where she also debuted. First she sang in operettas, later also Mozart operas. After a guest performance in Berlin (1893), she was engaged at the Theater an der Wien, where she worked in operettas u. a. from Joh. Strauss son. A great success in Bedrich Smetana (1824-1884) - Bartered Bride led in 1897 to the Vienna State Opera, whose member she was until 1918 (most recently as mezzo-soprano). Later she was a vocal pedagogue in Vienna.
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 129