- Year 1888.
- Palatingasse / Nador u. 5
- Hotel Tiger
The three-storey building, Pest’s most beautiful and most representative hotel, was built by Sándor Wagner in 1839-1840 using the existing ground floor building, according to József Hild’s plan. The three-storey, enclosed courtyard house has a thirteen-axis main facade on Nádor Street with a twenty-axle side facade facing Mérleg Street. In the central axis of the frontal facade, the rich gates have been preserved from the original classicist architecture.
The Tigris Hotel existed until 1899, and in 1900 the new owner, the Tripartite insurance company, converted the building into a tenement house. At that time, on the facades of the street, balconies were placed (on the Mérleg street façade a two-axle or two-storey locks); And on the ground floor a complete facade conversion with pillar exits. They left the middle part of the original gate architecture, directly adjacent to the entrance, keeping the company statue depicting the tigers above it. At this point, the elevator and the corridors were still being painted today.