1893-1896 Hotel Zum Hollengebirge
- Now Hotel Fottinger in Seefeld near Steinbach.
- Spring 1893 Justine (Ernestine) Rose-Mahler (1868-1938) rented five rooms.
- They had there own kitchen and could eat in their own dining room.
- The rooms were furnished in a simple, almost primitive way. Missing items of furniture were made by a local carpenter and covered with a throw by the inventive sisters.
- Leather sofa.
- Gustav Mahler (1860-1911).
- Justine (Ernestine) Rose-Mahler (1868-1938).
- Emma Marie Eleanor Rose-Mahler (1875-1933).
- Otto Mahler (1873-1895).
- Natalie Bauer-Lechner (1858-1921).
On the opposite shore lay Nutssdorf, where two of Mahler's friends from his student days in Vienna were staying with their families: Victor Adler (1852-1918) and Engelbert Pernerstorfer (1850-1918). Gustav Klimt (1862-1918) stayed in Schloss Kammer on the Attersee.
A baby grand piano was placed on loan by a local piano manufacturer.