Amadeo von der Hoya (1874-1922)
- Profession: Violinist, composer, pedagogue
- Residences: Berlin, New York
- Relation to Mahler: Had previously been concert master in New York, auditioned for Mahler but was not hired.
- Correspondence with Mahler: Yes
- 09-10-1900 Vienna: Letter to Amadeo von der Hoya (1874-1922). A letter in which Mahler reports that Hoya can not audition in 10-1900 because he will then be traveling to Munich. Hoya wanted to audition for the appointment as concertmaster. The meeting finally took place in 11-1900. Only the signature under the letter is by Gustav Mahler. Akte Z563.
- Born: 00-00-1874 New York
- Died: 00-00-1922
- Buried: 00-00-0000
1904 in Linz.
30 works in 47 publications: Modern Studies on the Violin Positions (1911-1913).
Some of Hoya's violin studies from Moderne Lagenstudien für Violine (1913) and Grundlegende Doppelgriff-Studien (1906) are in Seybold's Neue Violin-Etüden-Schule, Op.182 - Book 5, No.5, and Book 8, No.1.
Amadeo von der Hoya (1874-1922), Studienbrevier (1919).