- Herrengasse 1-3, Schauflergasse No. 2, Michaelerplatz.
- Frequented by the Pernerstorfer circle.
Café Griensteidl was a traditional Viennese café located at Michaelerplatz 2 across from St. Michael’s Church and St. Michael’s Gate at the Hofburg Palace in the Innere Stadt first district of Vienna, Austria. The cafe was founded in 1847 by former pharmacist Heinrich Griensteidl.
The café was frequented by many artists, musicians, and writers, including Gustav Mahler (1860-1911), Hugo von Hofmannsthal (1874-1929), Arthur Schnitzler (1862-1931), Arnold Schoenberg (1874-1951), Alexander von Zemlinsky (1871-1942), Hermann Bahr (1863-1934), Frederick Eckstein (1861-1939), Hugo Wolf (1860-1903) and Stefan Zweig (1881-1942).
In January 1897, the original building was demolished during the course of the renovation of Michaelerplatz.