March 6th, 2021
- Guy Robertson – Curator and Co-Director
- Rachael Allen – Poet
- James Cave – Composer
- Brian O. Kepher – Conductor and Composer
This edition of The Mahler Hour will focus on “Mahler in Spoleto,” more specifically the Mahler & LeWitt Studios, an artists’ residency program in this Umbrian town that traces its roots to the families of Anna Mahler and Sol LeWitt.
– Curator and Co-Director Guy Robertson will introduce the organization, its founding, mission, and plans for the future.
– We will then meet a number of past residents who will talk about their experiences in Spoleto, reflecting on the creative impact of this unique setting and the opportunity to work there.
– The poet Rachael Allen will talk about her debut volume of poetry Kingdomland and the inspiration she has found in the sculptures of Anna Mahler.
– The composer James Cave tells us about his opera project and its special connections to Spoleto.
– Brian O. Kepher, conductor and composer, shares his vision of Classical music and the native traditions of his homeland in Africa.
Hosted by Morten Solvik