In 1760 the Jewish were allowed to build a synagogue. It was built from financial means of local and other coreligionists. It had baroque features. Its reconstruction and extension in 1860 got a pseudo-gothic character. The extension also included rabbi’s flat, woman’s gallery and ‘mikve’, a ritual bath. The main hall was determined to men only, each one had a prepaid seat there. Around the year 1870 an apse for singing group Sir Zion was added to the eastern side.
In 1886 Jewish town was hit by a fire and the synagogue burnt out as well. It was rebuilt into its current appearance on the original layout. Jewish community owned three precious Thoras and numerous silver ceremonial equipment.
During the Nazi occupation everything was taken away to Prague and nowadays it forms the worldfamous expositions of the Jewish museum. After forcible transfer of the Jewish in 2nd World War the building was vandalised, windows were broken, a floor was pulled out and furniture disappeared.
In 1952 Hussite Church of Humpolec bought this desolate building from the Jewish community, the following year the reconstruction started. On 21-05-1961 the complete building was festively opened. In the years 1987-1989 both interior and experior were repaired and colour fragments of original decorations and Hebrew titles, still readable, were uncovered in the main hall of prayer.
Reconstructed in the 1990s, since September 2000 a concert- and exhibition hall. Potoce street.
The Synagogue is situated in close proximity of Husovo nám?stí at Na potoce street. It was built in the year 1739 as a replacement to the Synagogue of 1606, which was destroyed by fire. This ground level building is of Country Baroque style. Inside of the arch, there are plastering decorations and a female gallery. The Jewish community of Ledec disappeared in 1942 as a result of the removal of Jews to concentrations camps.